10 basic facts about me:
· I show up, pay attention, listen and tell you the truth
· You’ll see that right from the first meeting with me, I guarantee you that I am always working on creating a relationship between us where you are able to feel emotionally safe to speak freely without ever feeling judged or shamed.
· I am told that my main strength is my authentic willingness to be myself while working as a therapist—this sets me apart from most therapists.
· At 73 years young, my engaging signature style of bold, no nonsense counselling comes with lively interactive humor, wit, caring and compassion. I make no apologies for my sometimes choice of well-chosen salty words.
· I have a highly skilled BS barometer that identifies client’s defenses in order to get to the root of the problem
· I am persist, cajole, dispute and prod with passion, care and tempered with good humor. In short I am real.
One male client recently told me, “You have a Howard Stern-like approach while counselling…… you say it the way it is!”
· I have arrived at this effective style first by achieving a Masters degree in Counselling Psychology and through 15 years as a seasoned full time practicing psychotherapist.
· My practice is CBT and REBT focused which means we focus on the here and now (not necessarily the why) and we work together interactively.
· My approach is based on solution-building rather than problem-solving, helping to move forward.
· My clients come to counselling to be heard and that their feelings and thoughts matter
• Baccalaureate degree (BA) in English Literature and Psychology (Simon Fraser University, 1998)
• Masters degree (MA) in Counselling Psychology (City University, 2002)
• Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) ~ B.C. Assn. of Clinical Counsellors # 2118)